Nati's English Learning blog

It's a blog created to make it possible for students of English to share their points of view.

Friday, April 20, 2007

A new neighbour



At nine o’clock, an old woman walked to house number twenty-two on Sycamoe district. When the old woman arrived at the door of the house, she pushed the button.
Rin-Ring, Ring-Ring, the door was opened.

-Hi! Are you Mr Ballantines?

-Eh!...yes, I am, Mr George Ballantines, Who are you?

-Oh, sorr,sorry, I am rude! My name is Geltrude Clain, but of course, you can call me Mrs Clain!

-Ah!...well...Mr Clain, are you our new neighbour?

-Yes! My husband and I are moving here. We’ve bought a house on the other side of the street...well, number twelve.

-Yes, yes, I know, I know...Welcome to Sycamore district!

-Oh! Thanks, thank youMr Ballantines...em, when your family or you have any problem or question you can come to my house!

-Thank you Mrs...Klein?

-Or no!...haha... Clain, Clain.

-Oh! Sorry...ha ha...I am very bad for names, ah! Mrs Clain, I want you and your husband to come for dinner tonight.

-mm...I’m afraid we can’t because my husband goes to work at 9 o’clock in the evening...but I can drink a cup of tea tomorrow afternoon.

-Ok, tomorrow at five o’clock, you will meet my family!

-That’s nice!...well now I must return to my house.

-Ok, bye Mrs Clain, See you tomorrow!

-Bye dear new neighbour!!

Emilio Muñido

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats